Insta360™ Air FAQ
- 1. Instructions of Phones Compatibility (List of incompatible devices/compatible devices; Minimum configuration requirements)
- 2. Phone list supporting 3K videotaping
- 3. What to do if the camera can't be connected?
- 4. The photo seems not very clear, what can I do?
- 5. Can I use camera remotely?
- 6. Can I use camera independently or it has to be attached to the smartphone?
- 7. Does it require a WIFI connection when the camera attached to the smartphone?
- 8. Does camera support support bluetooth?
These devices have been tested to be incompatible by our team:
- Xiaomi(Mi): Note 3 Dual Netcom/Redmi Pro
- HUAWEI: Honor 7i/P8 Lite/Y6-II Compact/P9 Lite/Kii-L22/M2
- Samsung: Galaxy note2/Galaxy A3/Galaxy A5/Galaxy J3/Galaxy J5/Galaxy J7/S4
- Google: Nexus 5
- MEIZU: MX4/MX5/MX6/Note 5/Pro 5
- Nubia: Z7 Max/Z7 mini
- OnePlus: OnePlus 1/OnePlus 2
- OPPO: Find 7/R7SM
- ASUS: ZenFone3 Max
- HTC: Desire 530
- Wiko: Lenny 3/Sunny
- NTT Resonant: Goo G07
- Smartisan: U1
These devices have been tested to be compatible by our team:(Phones not included in the list doesn’t necessarily mean they are incompatible. Please refer to the minimum requirement of phone configuration. )
- Xiaomi(Mi): 3/4/4C/5/5S/Max/Mix/Note/Note 3 Full Netcom [3/4C/Note need R636 17Jan17 or above firmware version.]
- HUAWEI: P9/P9 Plus/Mate 7/Mate 8/Mate 9/Honor V8/Honor V9/Honor 7/Honor 8/EVA-l19x/Nova/Magic [Mate 7 need to be upgraded to Android 5.1 or above.]
- Le: Pro3/Pro2/Pro1
- Samsung: S7 Edge/S7/S6 Edge/Note 5/Galaxy A9 Pro
- Google: Pixel/Pixel XL/Nexus 6P/Nexus 5X
- Nubia: Z11/Z9 Max/Z11 miniS/Z11 Max/Z17 mini
- OnePlus: OnePlus 3/3T
- OPPO: R9/R9s/R9s Plus/R7 Plus
- LG: G5/V20
- HTC: HTC 10
- Pantech: Sky IM-100
- ASUS: ZenFone Selfie/ZenFone 3
- Motorola: X Pro
- SONY: Xpreia XZ/Z5 Premium Dual E6833/Z5 Xperia [Need to manually connect the camera by going to setting page-connect the device-connect USB-switch on USB detection.]
Minimum configuration requirements:
- 1.Supports OTG
- 2.Android 5.1 or above
- 3.System on Chip(SOC):
- Qualcomm: 600 Series or 800 Series
- MTK: Helio X10, X20, X25, X30 Series
- Exynos: 7410, 8890
- Huawei Kirin: Kirin9xx Series
- 4.RAM: 2G or above
According to our users, there are some other android phones are compatible with Air. Please click here to check.
The current 3K videotaping supporting phones tested by our teaam are listed as below:(Phones not included in the list doesn’t necessarily mean they are incompatible.)
- Xiaomi(Mi): Mix
- Samsung: GALAXY S7(G9300)/ GALAXY S7(G9308)/GALAX S7 Edge(SM-G9350)/ GALAX S7 Edge(SM-G935F)/ GALAX S7 Edge(SM-G935FD)
- Google: Pixel
- Sony: Xperia XZ(F8332)
- 1. Please try to remove the phone case to check if the camera can not be connected.
- 2. Please check the indicator light, it should be steady green if everything is normal.
- 3. If the indicator light is normal but the device still can’t connect, then the software is out of date.
- Solution: Go to [Settings] → [About] to see the version, and update to the newest one.
- 4. If the light is flashing red or is off, please unplug the camera or restart the phone, then try again.
- 5. If the provided solutions did not work, it could be any of these reasons:
- 5.1 Some phones can’t connect when the battery is low. Solution: Please recharge the phone first.
- 5.2 The phone type is not compatible. Solution: Click here to see the list of incompatible devices.
- 5.3 Some handheld devices such as OPPO etc., have the OTG function off by default, and automatically turns the function off when it is not in use for a period of time after turning on. Plugging in camera will not turn on the function at this time.Solutions (using OPPO as an example):Go to the phone’s Settings -> Others -> Turn on OTG connection.
- 6. If the camera was once able to work well on your phone,but the LED light isn’t working now after plugging in the phone because problems occur during the upgrading process.Please try to use the ‘fix firmware’ function.This function will help you upgrade the firmware version to the latest one.
- 7. If the camera still cannot be connected, please click here to ask for help.
Remember to remove the pasting on lens before you use a new camera.
- Yes, the camera supports shooting via bluetooth device.
- 1. Plug camera to smartphone;
- 2. Connect your bluetooth device to smartphone (Such as Bluetooth Selfie Stick);
- 3. Control bluetooth device remotely to shoot.
No, it can’t be used independently.It has to be attached to the smartphone.It also can be used as a camera when connected to a computer using a USB adapter.
There is no WIFI function on the camera.The App pops up automatically when the camera is attached to the smartphone.
Sorry, but temporarily it supports neither WIFI nor bluetooth.